Saturday, March 3, 2012

save that for the black and white

The soul emerged from these loops of affection.  The loops were momentary and fragile, also permanent and enduring.  
-p. 373, David Brooks, The Social Animal

I spent a while (and a few conversations) questioning if my wording/my entry yesterday was too harsh --if I should soften things.  (This blog has become far from something silly in for me over the past few weeks.)

I had a really good conversation with Charles about it all.  His incisive question to me was - as a believer in God, does cursing life mean you are cursing Him, too?

?

Ummm?  Perhaps?  I think I was angry at the unpredictability and inexplicable suffering in life.  As a believer in a Maker, and Christ, who stands in these gaps for us, I have hope in more.  But, I don't think that invalidates the moments when we, as humans, question that which is beyond our understanding.

Perhaps my anger was sin,
failure to trust.

But, I think {hope} there's beauty in the dialogue, the process and where we travel as we undergo periods of questioning and suffering.  And I want to document and remember these moments in the journey.

So... that.

Up next: I will likely blog about napping.  Or other cutting, insightful white-person insights on coffee, how awesome my dog is or all the meticulous details on my shower-of-the-day.

And for now, this song.  Which I like:

No comments:

Post a Comment