Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Resolute.

This blog began as a forum for self-expression and a means to flesh out my 2011 New Year's Resolutions.  I made a decent go of it.  I definitely tackled more than I could handle, and thus didn't fulfill all my goals.

--> But! I made a point to revisit them throughout the year, and as a result I feel like I spurred myself on to action I wouldn't have taken otherwise.

--> In fact!  I've just hit my stride (March 2012) at letter-writing.  (A goal I made in...ahem... Jan 11.  Meh -- some things come in their own time.)

So, when 2012 rolled around, I felt self-disappointment at my conviction-less outlook on new goals.  But,  instead of feeling defeated, I decided to wait it out and see what came.

After reading through the book of James with my small group, I think instead of a developing massive list of small things, I've really resonated with this goal for the next few months/2012:

 If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them.  
-James 4:17

SHAZZAAAM!/Burn.  (I mean, not really - but it's definitely a high calling.  I think I'll spend as much time this year contemplating "what qualifies as 'the good I ought to do?'" as I spend on actually attempting to step into the calling.)

Just saw this on a blog I follow, and feel like it's a nice, folksy way of capturing my goal...


Striving for the good, a nod and a 'tip of the lid' today....

No comments:

Post a Comment