Thursday, September 24, 2015

Why we walk: The Recap

Walk details:
Saturday, September 26th
Our group will meet in front of Sam's Hot Dogs between 9:15 and 9:30. A small ceremony is held at 9:45 and then we will walk at 10. The walk is a mile long.
We will have a cookout after at our house. All are welcome!

Why we walk:
1. We walk because of Mom.
2. We walk because of community.
3. We walk because the Alz Association is great.
4. We walk because of Asher.

It's almost walk day and we are getting excited! Thanks so much to everyone for their love and support -- when I head downtown on Saturday I won't just be joining friends and family from nearby, but folks driving in from Louisville and Chicago. I'll be wearing the sweatbands that Carrie and Stu sent me three years ago to let us know they're with us. I'll be thinking of an email my friend Brian sent when I emailed out about last year's walk, telling me he was keeping us in his thoughts even though he couldn't be near on walkday. I'll be thinking of friends who over the past years have driven far for other big (and small!) events - painting bedrooms, baby showers, even just coming up to grab a drink and keep us company.

Thanks for giving us a space to share about Alzheimer's over the past month. The disease can be isolating and lonely -- you've allowed us to shine a light on different aspects of the walk, and the entire process has been incredibly encouraging for us. We are grateful for you and we'll be carrying all of your kind words and good vibes with us on walk day!

xo,
Ellie


No comments:

Post a Comment