Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Folk-inspired rumination

Listening to The Avett Brothers today.  Generally, I have no idea what the majority of the words are to a song until I decide that I like the tune and look them up.

And so it went with 'The Perfect Space.'

This was an instance where the lyrics gave me an even deeper appreciation of the song.


And I wanna have friends that I can trust,
that love me for the man I’ve become and not the man that I was.


I've been thinking a good deal about forgiveness post-meaningful conversation on a megabus this weekend.

But, today I was struck by a different aspect of the second line.  What if the (wo)man I'm growing into is not the person that I want to become?  Sometimes I sense that my feelings of misanthropy and cynicism grow as the years pass.

Blurgh. (And: Nerds! And: Awww, shark farts!)

No comments:

Post a Comment