Tuesday, September 11, 2012

In what way?

Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.  -John Lennon

How so?
-> As in, 'pay attention to the present?'
-> As in,  you can think you're going to spend the next two years of your life in ABC city, doing DEF vocation, with GHI people, soaking in JKL season, only to find out that's not at all the case and instead you will be doing the last thing you ever envisioned doing, especially in this phase of life?

Either way, the statement kind of annoys me because it's trite and absurd.  But, it came to me on a recent weekday afternoon, and something about it feels true (and still equally overwrought and trivial).

Also, I really miss my books.  Everything is in storage, and I didn't anticipate it, but I really miss sitting by my books.  Not sure where I first heard it, but a book really is like an old friend.  This simple revelation made me realize why I'm so adverse to E-readers....

Anyway, with a lack of proximal close friends, I miss sitting by my old book-friends and having access to my familiar things, which are currently all boxed and inaccessibly buried in the abyss of the garage-storage.

Ahhh American materialism, I am deep in the throes.


No comments:

Post a Comment