Wednesday, September 26, 2012

brainstorm

In a month or two I will buy a house.  I've 'pinned' (what feels like) a million beautiful rooms via interior design blogs.

However, it just dawned on me that instead of focusing on colors/patterns, or modern v. traditional, or shabby-chic v. country living - I'd much prefer instead to focus on highlighting memories and blessings.  I'd like to avoid spending a bajillion dollars to make it all come together, and instead incorporate pieces from the lives of myself, Charlie, Corey and Mom in certain ways that are visually appealing and uniquely ours.  I'd also like to avoid the go-to mode of capturing memories (via photos) and instead think of other items that can be placed throughout the house, so that we can walk through on the day-to-day and interact with those memories.

I have no idea where this thought just came from; it feels a bit like a wild hair, and a tall order.

However: Challenge accepted.


{something within this is what it's really all about}

1 comment:

  1. Love all the intentionality in these thoughts, friend. I might have a whole journal page of bullet points of conceptual ideas about what makes a house a meaningful space. What fascinates me the most about other people's homes are little things that tell stories... a piece of family memorabilia artfully displayed and other forms of old mixed with new, color choices that invoke memories of a grandmother's house, an artistically created map of places the house has visited, artwork that has a memory or personal connection or places special to the owners, and of course BOOKSHELVES that tell of influences in life. Can't wait to see these brainstorming ideas come to life... with a courtyard.

    ReplyDelete