Thursday, December 13, 2012

unspoken, internal, nebulous justification

via an email I wanted to write, but didn't send.  Just:

It's not about the make up grade - it's about the fact that in undergrad I goofed off and spent a lot of my time on  extracurriculars, which was well and good.  I was a slacker-of-a "B's get degrees" type-kid, but I was blending learning and doing, and that was fabulous.

But -- for graduate school I had really envisioned digging in and developing better academic habits and truer discipline.  However, the nature of all-things-quotidian have made that quest completely and utterly unfeasible. 

 So. I rewrote this paper - not for the A -  but to, in some small way, reach at that goal. 

 And this whole joke of an attempt is shoddy, and will still garner a B,and I'm sorry you have to waste time re-reading this, but I needed to do it -- not for the grade, but for a continued glimpse at the attempting to be the student I might have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment