Monday, April 2, 2012

a magical, magical village

I was talking with a co-worker about a potential forthcoming existential crises:  If I attend the school-which-must-not-be-named, how I'd grapple with the cognitive dissonance of supporting said school-which-must-not-be-named and my undying loyalty to Kentucky basketball.

I assure him that it was easy, on all school-that-must-not-be-named apparel, I'd simply employ some handy-dandy duct tape to cross out the 'D' and 'E'.

Said coworker counters with - "But if they give you a scholarship, how can you not support the university that provides you with a great education?"

I respond with a blank stare.

Coworker fires back with an analogy - "Listen, if you grow up in a village and then move away -- when it comes time to get married, do you go back and marry someone from that village?"

If that village happens to be UK basketball.... absolutely.


{who wouldn't marry into this?!}
GO BIG BLUE.

1 comment:

  1. As a member of the inner circle of the dark side I can't wait to buy you some DUKE apparel. Since I have no real antipathy towards UK and especially none towards the UK fans I know, I wish you luck and more crazy excitement tonight.

    ReplyDelete