Tuesday, January 24, 2012

3 for '11

Darling you got to let me know
Should I stay or should I go? 
{going}
1. Going.  
I have a stark memory of feeling intense wanderlust set in at the beginning of 2011.  Resultantly, I spent April through December dashing off to anywhere and everywhere.  

Although the initial pull was always to explore new places or rediscover old ones, the Who? always ends up trumping the Where? 

Memories center on... 

  • sweating-it-out whilst plumbing the music scene with some of my dearest friends from Memphis
  • snuggling with the sweetest babygirl while catching up with my closest college friends
  • trekking through Maine with the love of my life
  • beach chillaxing and pony-observing on a camping trip with new-found cohorts and soon-to-be-departing soulmate-friends
  • soaking up cherished glimpses of friends as they began their marriage through an exchange of sacred vows and subsequent dance party
{staying}
2. Staying. 
I don’t felt like I stayed as much as I went, but the perspective must be skewed because I was surely in the Baltimore-DC area far more than I realized.  

{staying take2}
One of the biggest first-fruits I’m feeling from 2011 is the burgeoning friendships Charlie+I built in Baltimore last year.  We met new people who have become very near and dear – and I’m pretty sure that they'll be in our lives (like it or not!) for forever.  New Bmore/DC friendships formed around a Settlers of Catan board, on a megabus to Knoxville (staying friends meet going) and at a Rotary Hall attempting to keep up with the regulars who define the ability to cut-a-rug.
{staying meets going}

{(i) read a book!}
3. Accomplishing.  
Goals of 2011?  Quick roundup:
Reading: Check.  Read.  Eating: Check and negatron.  I ate a lot, but not at new restaurants  Photo-taking: Check.  We emerged out the other side of our IRS audit triumphant (!) allowing me to keep the fancypants camera and give amateur-photography a go.  Exercise: Check and negatron.  Ran one half-marathon, and then gave up on exercise altogether.  Judge/pray: Negatron. This sort of stayed the same.  How then to measure/improve in this area?  Cook/bake: Check.  Old-school correspondence: Negatron.  But who says 2011 goals can’t be attained in 2012?



No comments:

Post a Comment